Thursday, July 10

why equally

i can see myself can
scare myself even if
i look too deep into my deep eye wells
shadowy sweating stubbled sad soul
what a monstrous saintly angelic devil
confusing words to pass like poetry
y=e without punctuation
means only ye you like thee
and you could be the mirror
or whats underneath
do eyes focus on the glass or behind
i want to know because
it makes a nearsighted difference
true too in poetry do i
read the words or the mind beneath
speaking in such short gasps
compelled to tell as once before the
foolishness of calling this poetry
it is no more than my glassy image
full of questions and scaring
and with laconic smile
greasy parts ask why equally
of God and his mocking pharisees
and me too because
i have looked deepest into my own eyes
and know better than to trust them.




7/10/08 - trying to write the news, sitting in an odoriferous hotel room with most lights off and the laptop is propped up against a mirror because that's where the desk is, but sometimes i look up and glower at me because the one in the glass doesn't look as innocent.

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 23, 2008

    all right. it's kind of cheesy. but y=e looks so cool and has so many meanings. sort of. like pytyr in the lens of y=e is me. and y=e is why equally, too. it's AMAZING, ok?

    ReplyDelete