Wednesday, May 21

Attention.

"Yes," I say, rising. "But whose attention was I trying to catch?"
"Oh," I replied.  A knowing look: "You know, strangers."
"Why?"
"Because you're always one of the crowd. We all want our turn on stage."
That, or sex, or a million other things, I figure quietly. But I won't disagree aloud.
I'd just shout me down anyway: I can hear myself going on:
"We say, 'love me!' and then, immediately, 'now someone else love me!'"
"Again, I agree. But why?"
Quietly, a dark pause in a midnight hallway later:
"Maybe because we're incomplete in this indoor internet age."
--Where everyone is part of the crowd, and no-one gets a turn on stage.




May '14

2 comments:

  1. This blog is very nice and gives me a great feel
    Aluminium Planters

    ReplyDelete
  2. The attention of strangers is somehow different and necessary from the attention one gets from friends, family and coworkers. Strangers have no reason to hate us, thus no ulterior motives. Strangers have no reason to love us, thus praise can be received without doubt.

    ReplyDelete