Monday, November 17

radio

seems to be stuck on
some tune about not enough
food water and sleep;
so change the dial, charles,

put something else on,
i don't like this song today.
by the way, did you

hear, today jocelyn said,
in my ear, you know,
whispered, "she's not marrying
him is she?" and that's
not bad but just listen how
she said it! the gall,
she probably thinks she still
matters to him! well.
i can't tell you how i loathe
the thought. oh, change it
again, isn't anything
playing with enough
sleep? kids today don't know how
to make radio.

and don't put on the paper
channel, charles: you'll
stress and bore me to tears. oh,
life's a waste sometimes,
worse than you even. would you
just turn it off, please.
i've heard all these tunes before.




11/17/08
five-seven repeating


2 comments:

  1. The rhythm and mood of the verse are well matched.
    I especially like the last three lines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure about poetic criticism, it seems I'm a little biased. Quite nearly everything you write sings a song to my heart and bends my mind. I rather enjoyed this one.

    ReplyDelete