Wednesday, June 20

July 7, 2007 (second entry)

Same day
roof of a parking lot outside Trafalgar Square
1:00 PM

Revived a bit, we studied the buildings a bit more & Gina convinced me they were still in use, just overgrown on this side.  We decided that may be part of the different philosophy of that town.  Live & let live; build & let grow.  Nature and artificial nature side by side.  Very cool, if that was really anyone's intent.

That night we came down through the main streets of Charleroi and had coffee and Belgian waffles at a very frilly place (I can't think better how to describe it), and then a few beers or Bailey's at another little corner pub near the hotel.  An odd end to our conquest of Charleroi found us the next morning, breakfasted, showered, and slightly hungover, headed out on the first train we could find.  Actually, I don't think we showered.  The language barrier was incredibly difficult in the train station.  Out of frustration and stress, Gina had something of a breakdown in the train station.

I worry about that side of her sometimes.  I hope I can do something to help her.  I love her--I want this to work out.

When we arrived in Luxembourg, the hotel we'd wanted to stay in was full.  So we found a little place across the street and unloaded there; then we went walking.  I'd printed out a few maps of Luxembourg city, and they proved pretty useful. The whole area is gorgeous.  I would try to describe it, but we took a lot of pictures and hopefully those will last for at least as long as this notebook.

The first day, we just wandered

(Editor's Note: nothing further)

No comments:

Post a Comment